Your skin tells the story of your life -- it changes with the years and with all the wonderful experiences that are part of a life well-lived. And at any age, a healthy skincare regimen based on high-quality products will help it glow with beauty, vitality, and energy.
Your skin has different needs over time, so you can’t use the same products you loved in your 20s when you move into your 50s and 60s It’s vital to stay in tune with your skin’s needs and adjust your product mix accordingly. We’ve taken a look at the best products to bring out the beauty of maturing skin:
What Does My Maturing Skin Need?
Aging is a gift, and your body’s needs evolve over time. As people move into middle age, the skin becomes thin, and you can see a significant reduction in the amount of pigment-containing cells. Changes in skin tissue decrease the skin’s strength and elasticity.
To support your skin’s health as it ages, look for products with the following power-packed ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid - This serves as a sponge that draws water in and locks it in the skin for ultimate hydration, plumping the skin and reducing fine lines.
- Retinol - Also known as Vitamin A, Retinol helps minimize wrinkles and soothe the effects of sun damage and adult acne.
- Lactic acid - Lactic acid provides gentle exfoliation and increased moisture.
- Peptides - Our skin daily faces lots of damaging impacts from the sun and environment, and this is a key ingredient for repairing skin damage.
- Antioxidants - Look for Vitamins C and E as these ingredients help protect your skin against free radicals.
Here are some additional tips to remember when looking for new products:
- Know your skin type and the primary concerns that you want to address.
- Always read the label to ensure you’re buying the right products containing the right ingredients.
- Don’t give in to hype—focus on the ingredients.
- Pay attention to how the ingredients are listed. The first five ingredients typically account for roughly 80% of a product.
- Always do a patch test.
- What works for others may not work for you, and vice versa. So be open to experimentation with skincare!
4 Skincare Products for Mature Skin
It always helps to start with good skincare habits paired with the right products for an effective skincare plan at any age. Below are some recommended products designed specifically for mature skin.
This cleansing foam is great against free radicals and environmental pollutants that our skin comes up against daily. The Truffle Therapy Cleansing Foam washes away impurities and signs of skin damage with its gentle exfoliating ingredient, lactic acid.
Truffle Therapy Cleansing Foam doesn’t strip the skin of moisture and helps improve texture, tone, and overall appearance. It’s a great skin-care companion for daily use to start your routine.
At any age, skin can sometimes look tired and dull. Perlier’s Royal Elixir Pearls of Youth Serum is designed as a booster for mature skin to improve its healthy, glowing appearance. This serum is packed with botanical extracts and essential ingredients, such as honey, pomegranate enzymes, hyaluronic acid, and fresh royal jelly encapsulated in “pearls.”
Use the treatment for 21 consecutive days to improve hydration, elasticity, firmness, and natural glow. Remember that when applying serums, lotions, and creams, use light and upward motions to spread the products to avoid sagging skin.
Another serum you can use for fresh, clean, healthy skin is BeC’s Perla Blu Vitamin-Charged Anti-Aging Serum. It’s a gel oil blended with high concentrations of essential oils, vegetable oils, and Vitamins A, C, and E.
Perla Blu acts as an excellent serum booster that elevates your other skin-care treatments. Its essential oils work by regenerating and enhancing skin elasticity, while the antioxidants reduce the signs of sun damage. Perla Blu melts into the skin, leaving a silky feeling as the skin drinks up all the restorative moisture.
For fine lines and wrinkles, Borghese’s Insta-Firm Advanced Wrinkle Relaxer has got you covered with its wrinkle repairing and firming serum that targets even the deepest wrinkles. It’s formulated with Hexapeptide that helps reduce the depth of wrinkles, Vitamin E to fight against unwanted radicals, and sodium hyaluronate and aloe for a boost of hydration.
You can use this light serum twice a day on cleansed skin, focusing on the crow’s feet and forehead using your ring finger for gentle patting motions. Make sure to let it set before moving onto the next product to ensure absorption.
Beauty for Every Age
These are some of the best products your maturing skin needs to stay healthy and vibrant as you age. Remember to introduce the products slowly into your routine to avoid any harsh reactions to the skin and select the products carefully by reading the label.
Get your next batch of age-appropriate skincare products from Mozzafiato, a premier retailer of Italian skincare and beauty brands in the U.S. Head over to the shop now!